Old Spice TV Commercial, 'Mom Song'
Get Free Access to the Data Below for 10 Ads!
- National Airings
- First Airing
- Last Airing
- Recently Aired On
- Est. Spend
- TV Impressions
- National Impressions
- Local Impressions
There’s a Better Way to Measure TV & Streaming Ad ROI
- Real-Time Ad Measurement Across Linear and CTV
- TV Ad Attribution & Benchmarking
- Marketing Stack Integrations and Multi-Touch Attribution
- Real-Time Video Ad Creative Assessment
It's tough letting go, especially when Old Spice Re-Fresh is turning your sweet little boys into strong men the ladies can't resist.
iSpot Review - July 8, 2015
Old Spice, again, taps the intrepid team at Wieden + Kennedy to deliver an askew, ambling, ad adventure, chocked full of absurdities and randomly twisted visual jokes.
Many a mom sings a sad siren song while she witnesses the pubescent posturing of her young man and his lady. Each mother peers and leers, as a fly-on-the-wall, while her sobbing warbling body cleverly emerges in and out of the shots in the most enjoyably upsetting ways. Whether breaching up from under a sand beach, or sullenly poking from out a bowling ball return rack; the moms are funny and lovable creepers.
The genius in the approach is that it co-opts body-spray messaging, brashly hammered home over the years by Axe, and packages it in a wholly unique campaign style that is undoubtedly Old Spice. The final melodic sound - the whistled sailor tune - puts a perfect branded bow on the engaging experience.
- Old Spice
- Advertiser Profiles
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Old Spice Re-Fresh
- “Smellcome to Manhood”
- Songs - Add
- None have been identified for this spot
- The song was created for this commercial
- Actors - Add
- Sarah Johns ... Voice Over
- Wieden+Kennedy ... Agency, Publicis ... Media Agency, MJZ ... Production Company