2014 Kia Optima TV Commercial, 'Fish'
Get Free Access to the Data Below for 10 Ads!
- National Airings
- First Airing
- Last Airing
- Recently Aired On
- Est. Spend
- TV Impressions
- National Impressions
- Local Impressions
There’s a Better Way to Measure TV & Streaming Ad ROI
- Real-Time Ad Measurement Across Linear and CTV
- TV Ad Attribution & Benchmarking
- Marketing Stack Integrations and Multi-Touch Attribution
- Real-Time Video Ad Creative Assessment
A man drives his white 2014 Kia Optima as he rushes home to make in time to deliver a new goldfish to swap with the one his daughter's deceased pet fish before she even notices.
iSpot Review - October 18, 2016
Kia dips into the tried and true story well of kids and their dead fish. Fortunately, the TV commercial packages the rather common creative idea in a way that lets it feel fresh and satisfying.
The clever notion here was to give the dad-turned-hero and the car some love early in the execution. The opening sequence is all about the dad, the driving and the exciting musical score. Dad's in a race and the new fish is riding shotgun.
The singers belting out with the musical score chant for the safe arrival of the fishy-friend. It is intended to add a layer of interest and frivolity to the opening. This approach can be distracting, but if it helps advance the story in a more creative way, it is often worth the risk.
Viewers likely know the punchline - Dad replaces kid's fish before kid realizes it - ahead of schedule, but that could help focus attention on the details of the scene playing out. In that case, the fist-pump payoff between Mom and Dad is a satisfying close to the excitement. In the end, Kia want viewers to give the brand and car some credit with helping Dad come to the rescue.
- Advertiser Profiles
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- Songs - Add
- William Tell Overture - Gioachino Rossini
- Ad URL
- Actors - Add
- Izzie Galanti ... little girl, Reece Rios ... Dad, Artt Butler ... Voice Over
- Initiative ... Agency, David&Goliath ... Creative Agency, Canvas Worldwide ... Media Agency