Even as TV returned to “normal” this past year, audiences were more fragmented than ever. As a result, tentpole events like March Madness took on even greater importance for brands and networks.
After the pandemic showcased the shortcomings of how “things have always been done,” the industry called for more accurate measurement to complete ad buys. Many networks, agencies and brands are now embracing this move toward TV’s cross-platform, multi-currency future.
Aligning with this year’s Upfronts, iSpot’s 2021-22 TV season recap report showcases the networks, programs, show genres and brands that delivered the most TV ad impressions. It also dives deeper into dayparts, top-performing creatives, and demographic insights.
Some of our biggest TV takeaways (from Sept. 6, 2021 through May 8, 2022):
- TV ad impressions climbed 6.8% year-over-year, to 1.88 trillion
- Live sports programming is more important than ever before for linear TV, as it accounts for the top four programs by impressions delivered
- GEICO remains TV’s most-seen advertiser, despite a slight reduction in its share of impressions in primetime (in favor of more during weekend afternoons)
- Close to 53% of NBC impressions were delivered to women, over half of which were attributed to those ages 35 to 59
- Out of the most effective TV ad creatives, more than half had a top emotion of Funny
Want to learn more about how you can power TV ad decision-making with modern measurement? Download the report and get in touch with an iSpot expert today to see what you’ve been missing.